Monday, October 10, 2011

Nursing School

I have wanted to pursue my nursing degree for almost 3 years now...but the critical state of my finances, along with the daunting task of taking care of Sarah, Thomas and Daniel has slowed me down.  For several years I thought...let me do this Primerica thing and I became fully licensed in Financial Services.  I failed miserably because it required much more than I anticipated.  And I realized I am not the best at Sales and quasi-tricking people into believing that they can have a life of financial independence if they just drink the Koolaid.  I made great friends, but I was in such deep doo doo with my own money...that it became too much of an ironic twist to help people with their money.

All the while...  Daniel needed, and still needs me.  In 2007 we started having nursing care through Medicaid.  And it gave me a little time to breath.  Work some part time jobs...for some money...  and think.

Going to Florida and back I also realized that I had to find some sort of back ground that is transferable.  And I spend more time in a medical capacity than anything else...and love it.  

I just simply do not know where to start....and how to do it.  With literally no money for school...and a child going to college in 2 years it is a Catch 22.   I need a career that will let me work flexibly...around Daniel's nursing and care taker schedule.  But I also have to get the schooling done.  Which I dont mind...I love school.

This has been my puzzle....and I need to solve it.   My husband wants me to go back into Human Resources Management again.  But so far no one wants a 45 year old prior HR Manager who has been out of the full time work scene for 9 years.

And I guess I don't blame them.  I used to do recruiting too.  But I am a very highly functional individual.

I need to solve my puzzle.  Take a step...build my own money again.   But I am here...taking care of 3 children...  doing virtually everything regarding Daniel's care.

I wish someone could guide me...give me a direction....  I want to be able to survive and still care for him.

No comments: