Thursday, November 3, 2011

Storm Alfred Booing, and a WTF reaction

So this storm came on October 29th and dumped a ton of heavy snow on our Fall trees, mostly full of colorful leaves still.  All night long we heard crack, snap, and little by little power went out all over town.  Aerial view was probably creepy if you were looking down!


We also got "boo'd" early in the evening...  and it was a bag of goodies...with generous financial donations for Daniel's fund.  About $700 towards our goal!!  It was an amazing gesture.  


Then more snow.  more more more....  The next day was October 30.  And 99% of our town was in the dark. Trees were down everywhere the eye could see.  Miraculously, like in Hurricane Irene... we were the small percentage who still had power.  All we lost was our Cable TV.    I decided that an Angel was sent to protect Daniel since we don't have a generator, and he needs power to eat, have breathing treatments, etc.  


Today is ...November 3.  The kids had no school this entire week.  Much of the town...and state ....still in the dark.   


Sarah told me she feels like we are in an alternate universe. I have to agree.  All that is normal was turned upside down.    How do you cancel Halloween???   


New England got hit hard...again.  Its been a very hard Fall...  my yard looks like "tree limb carnage"


But what can you do except continue on.   I need to keep working on raising funds for Daniel, and looking for a way to get to nursing school.  I have started believing that I need to take care of JULIE.   Storm Alfred woke me up.  Big Time.   Through prayer and a spirit of resilience I am going to make it through my own personal storm here.    I have so many people helping me.  Loving us.  And I love them in return.   Raising Daniel is a giant task.  Raising Daniel in hurricanes and Nor Easters... lol...  alittle more challenging.   
Our Surprise Boo gifts from some very caring Newtown People!!!

Saturday's ride home from our last Football game

Tree limbs snapped off everywhere

This was my Japanese Maple tree...completely bent over

Snow was so heavy you couldnt use a snow blower



Several of these branches eventually gave way and broke


Not a swamp creature!!!  It is what is left of a giant very full willow


All the trees just in an arc shape.  They looked so sad...

Snow before Halloween.






Very symbolic of the strangeness... this giant pumpkin snowman made me stop my car and take a picture!!!






Roads completely blocked off



He (Daniel) never seems to stop smiling.       God bless you all.

No comments: