Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Support Beam.

The feelings I contain do not prevail in relevance
I'm in this on my own
Alone and holding up the camp of many others
I place both hands upon the ceiling
And with what strength I have left I keep the building steady

And they come and and they go
And they laugh and they fight...around me

But I am here. They have no fear. Until life is faced without me.

Julie Hasselberger
1/18/12

What will happen if the roots give way???


Dear God,

I pray today that in my weakness which is also my strength you will lighten this load that I hold up. My shoulders are so tired Lord. My hands are aching with the pressure of just holding up the needs of so many. Lord you gave your son so that I could be saved. How could I possibly be worthy of that. Lord I humble my needs and humble myself and ask that you forgive me and hold me up as your daughter.  I know Lord...deep inside the depths of my heart that I may be holding up the fortress of these figurative walls...but Lord you are beneath me. My brace. And I thank you. I praise you. I give all I have and all I am to you Lord. Its been a rough ride lately...with illness and financial pressures and struggles that just hurt the heart and test the soul........Lord...you readily have proven, justified your goodness and you have provided and sustained me.  Today my therapist told me that my current life...they way I am living emotionally is mentally "unsustainable".  And I just pray Lord that you will help me process this.  I do not know what to do. I need you Lord.  I know you hear prayer and through the magic of my words I present prayer not only in my mind but in my words.

Look after the children this evening, Lord... the children who are suffering...who can't speak, who can't eat, who have trach tubes, who have trouble walking, who can't walk at all, who are disfugured, who are deaf, who are blind who are g tube fed....or who have emotional scars that are tearing their little hearts apart. I pray for the children...and I pray for the caregivers that you will touch hearts and move mountains.  Make your miracles known Lord... please.  This is my prayer.

In your glorious name.

Amen.


January18, 2012

No comments: